Sunday, January 19, 2014

Huzzah Hobbies RTT 1/19 Results

Hello everyone,

This week I actually TO'd the Huzzah Hobbies monthly RTT my buddy Jon (Deathsalvo). We had a blast, ran some cool new missions....and also got to play a very fun game on a side table using the new escalation book and an amazing looking Lord of Skulls.

So first off the RTT:

We ran a new format mission for round 1. This mission had players get a victory point for every turn they held an objective starting on turn 2. It actually worked out really well! Most everyone liked the mission and actually requested more like it in the future. Also the battle points were awarded in a really cool way:


Each player takes the difference in victory points and the winner adds the difference to 10 and the loser subtracts the difference from 10 (20 being the most you can ever get and 0 being the least). An example being, I score 5 victory points while my opponent scores 3. So we have a difference of 2 points, I win (I had 5 points to your 3) and I get 12 battle points and you get 8 battle points. This worked out very well in my oppinion as we had much closer games over all. Also as we saw at the end of round 2, the top 12 players from the first 2 games were actually all still in contention to win the day. All in all I think it was a huge success!

Results:
These are the winners!
We ended up giving out 5 prizes:
First: Brad
Second: Joe
Third: Charlie
Fastest Player: Reid (We actually had all the players write down start/stop time stamps for game turns)
the "Please don't quit 40k" award: Justin


Some general pictures from the day:















1 comment:

  1. Nice recap Matt!
    The escalation game was super fun. The mission rules I think are key and really make the game "more" balanced. ( excluding the R. Titan :) ) We did muck up the Lord of Skulls rules a bit, but seeing how that had little to do with the outcome it was still a awesome game.


    ReplyDelete