Saturday, March 29, 2014

Getting Pumped for ADEPTICON! (and some new stuff!)

Hello everyone!

I am getting really REALLY excited for my first Adepticon! I have been not doing much to prepare as most of my models have been done for months. I did some extra dry brush coats and touched up the washes on my warlocks and my beast pack (I am still debating which list to bring...but that's pretty typical for me). I am sort of expecting loads of centurion type star armies to be present (after the big space marine win at TOF invitational) and of course the prevalent love of space marines it seems an easy choice. As well as those kinds of lists I expect a bunch of bike armies but we will see I guess. 

I actually am thinking that many council players will be disappearing in the next few months as centurion death stars with all the inquisition stuff and Imperial Knights give the seer council a rough shake. Anyway I have no plans to abandon my lovely warlocks but I am working to mess around with some other armies (Playing other things has been improving my game play and in game decision making). 

I like the concept of the beast pack as it plays very similar to my council but it suffers less without fortune than the warlocks do. Also I am getting to the point where I think if I want to play my warlocks I should ditch Eldrad for the mobility of the second farseer on the bike. But if I use the beast pack Eldrad fits right in as the whole unit is a bit slower and this means that Eldrad can keep up a bit better (also the huge footprint of the unit means dragging him along is not a huge deal). Anyway I'll be taking some pictures of my models for display board placement choices later today or tomorrow so I will be sure to post those images up here. 

In other news I sold off my imperial guard allied detachment and almost my entire ravenwing/bike army. I then used that cash to start a small Daemon Army! So Ordo-Bob when you read this..I let some of the evil darkness in! So without further ado...here are some pictures of the newest members of my collection!

The Black mace prince! the armor plates are blue with gold trim which will be the main colors of the army. The black maceis a bunch of bits and green stuff all hand molded to create what I think is a cool, big, nasty looking mace for this guy to wield. 

This guy is just a generic Daemon Prince (I call him my Daemon Ork!) he comes with his very own, very bloody sword! Again I did the blue and gold armor plates to try to show some cohesion (my Initial thoughts are that all the Daemon Princes are Company Captains from some as yet to be named traitor chapter.

This is my Axe Prince (another generic Daemon Prince) he again has that same armor plating and his axe is also covered in that new Citadel Blood Effect paint. I'm actually really happy with how the basing came out, I wanted some grass (but not too much as I figure the corrupting presence of the Daemons would probably kill most of the grass. I also bought those black stones a few weeks ago and I had been trying to figure out a way to use them with my Eldar and...that just wasnt working.

Next up we have a heldrake (who doesn't have one right?!) I was a bit nervous to start painting one of these things. It took HOURS like..7-8 hours to do all that trim and it honestly still needs to be touched up. But what ever..its done enough for me. I just need to do his base (I hadn't decided how to do the bases yet when I did him...I actually didn't figure out how to do the bases until yesterday right before bed!)


Lastly is just a picture of all the models i currently have. I am still waiting on Fateweaver to get here (I one on eBay for real cheap so who knows...it might not show up for another few weeks as I think its coming from China or maybe Russia..? Anyway...I have 30 pink (blue) horrors on the far left and next to them is a set of 20 daemonettes. I figure that's probably enough small daemons and the guys behind the black mace prince primed bright blue is a set of 10 cultists. For now I am quite happy with these things as they have been a blast to build and paint. But I don't really know if I will keep this army long term. I got most of these things discounted so I may just paint it all up and eBay after a few RTT's if I don't like the play style.

Anyway..thats all the news I have..as I said I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow of my Eldar armies on the display board. 

Regards,

Farseer Tsarith





No comments:

Post a Comment