Monday, February 3, 2014

Current Modeling Projects, Spring Events, and General Updates!

Hello Everyone!

Just some hobby updates for anyone following...

So I'm currently working on building up my dark eldar allies. As many of you loyal readers know I was running my seer council with baron and company for most of 5th edition and for all of 6th all the way up to the release of the tau book. Anyway...my current project is the construction of a beast pack which may or may not find its way into some of my tournament lists. I am using these lovely models from puppetswar.com for the khymarae's:


And I will be using these forgeworld models for my razorwing flocks:


I am still awaiting some of these guys to arrive but I am very excited to start work painting all these guys up. I also considering taking some Fantasy Dark Elf cold ones to make some better (and much cheaper!) beast masters. Possibly going so far as to use the Dreadlord on Cold One mount as a stand in for the Baron!

As far as the hobby aspect goes that is about all I have going on...but on to my favorite part of the hobby....

Tournament news!!

The next few months are about to become very VERY busy for the DC area 40k scene. I have 6 events I plan to attend between now and the end of april and then a few more that should be taking place over the summer. The list of places I will most likely be are:

Feb 16th Huzzah Hobbies RTT
Torrent of Fire Invitational  March 1-2 (NOVA Invitational Qualifier!)
March 16th Huzzah Hobbies RTT
Adepticon 2014!! (NOVA Invitational Qualifier!)
De-La-Warr Open 2014 (NOVA Invitational Qualifier!)
April 20th Huzzah Hobbies RTT

Then a bit further out, but already on my radar:

IFL Road to the NOVA Open League (NOVA Invitational Qualifier!) (I'll actually be returning as the reigning champion from last year, hopefully I can defend my title!)
Killadelphia GT (NOVA Invitational Qualifier!)

I doubt I will get to all of those events...most likely I'll attend all of the GT's listed and Ill probably jsut have to sacrifice the RTT's. Especially the one in March and the one in April (I doubt the lady friend will allow me to be gone for Adepticon, De-La-Warr AND an RTT all in 3 back to back to back weekends.

Lists are a huge debate at the moment for me, I am having trouble being satisified with my lists at the 1850 level after the string of fall events which were all geared for 2000 points. In any case you can all most likely expect to see me and my lovely orange and blue seer council at most of the spring events. Who knows perhaps I can even claim a spot in the 2014 NOVA Invitational!

-Tsarith

(just a cool image I found in the 11th Company photos of my Riptide and Wraithknight hanging out with my seer council)






















No comments:

Post a Comment