Friday, June 7, 2013

A bit of a rant...

Hello,

So I read Bell of Lost Souls and I have been noting all of the "Eldar suck" posts that have been coming up. I really don't understand, Phil Kelly wrote a great book that literally fits EXACTLY with 6th edition. AKA great (CHEAP) psykers, strong LONG range shooting, cheap troops (they all got cheaper...AND better...BS4/WS4/I5 across the board is amazing (don't forget about battle tactics, that has literally already won me games)). I mean yes the book is not like a 5th edition Grey Knight codex.. but honestly the game doesn't need books like that. This book is just as strong as all of the other 6th edition books and there are builds in it that can and will defeat anything that any other new book can toss out. Yes it has some flaws (we all know banshees suck) but honestly it is much improved from the past codex. The book didn't need lots of new units, it needed point reductions/improvements across the board. All across the internet bloggers and Eldar players cried out for BS4 on everything.

Well we got it, and for what? tiny basically insignificant point increases? Think about the magic of a wave serpent now. In the old codex it was a minimum real cost of 110 points to play a wave serpent. That vehicle had a shuriken cannon and spirit stones on it. Now for 5 points more you get a standard wave serpent with the same gun plus the serpent shield. For an insignificant 5 points you can make that a scatter laser making the wave serpent (the fucking transport!) an amazing anti infantry platform and it is also great at dealing with flyers and light armor. Honestly yes it would have been great to have 75pt wave serpents.. but truly the serpent shield to me is worth the extra cost.

Anyway,

After this league is over I will go over in more detail my own break down of the codex, probably in a series of posts. I will talk mostly about the units I DONT USE, since anyone who reads this already has a pretty solid idea of what units I DO like/use :).

-Tsarith

No comments:

Post a Comment