Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Eldar jetseer vs. chaos BATTLE REPORT!

Hey guys!

I have yet to manage to get one of my league games done BUT!!! I was able to get a friendly game in with my league list (which is good it let me actually try this out before I use it for the important games). We played the Relic and had night fight first turn.

I was running my new and improved Jet seer list:
Eldrad           
Far seer WARLORD
 jet bike, runes of warding, runes of witnessing    
Warlock Council
 9x Warlocks
 9x, jetbikes, 3x singing spear.     
Wind Rider Jetbike x3         
Wind Rider Jetbike x3         
Wind Rider Jetbike x3             
Fire Prism                
Fire Prism           

Tau Allies
Commander
 2x Shield drone, 2x Fusion, Target Lock,
 Vectored Retro Thrusters, Puretide Chip, Iridium   
Riptide
 Ion Accel, Early Warning Override     
Kroot Squad
 w/ 1x kroot hound                
Kroot Squad
 w/ 1x kroot hound               
Sky Ray
 w/ TL Smart Missile System, Black sun Filter,
 sensor spine          

My opponent had something created on the spot but it was roughly:

Chaos Space Marine w/ Demon Allies:
Raptor lord w/ axe of blind fury
Kharne
9x khorne berzerkers in a land raider w/ Kharne
10x khorne berzerkers
10x raptor w/ 2 melta
1x oblit nurgle
2x oblit nurgle
Skulltaker
1x herald of khorne
3x blood crushers
10x blood letters
10x blood letters

About half of his list was semi-proxy so the pictures are not spectacular but I will try to explain them as best I can. Anyway, we rolled off for first turn and he chose to go first. It was a good choice for his heavy assault force.  We went ahead and rolled our powers and boons out. I don't recall what he got for his boons but they didn't really come up so I assume they were not the great ones. I rolled my powers and did alright. Eldrad picked up fortune, doom, mind war, and guide. Then my far seer rolled up fortune, prescience, and guide. My warlocks did alright and got conceal, enhance, embolden, and a few destructors.

So he sets up behind his cover with one berserker squad and his obliterators then puts his land raider of Kharne death and the solo obliterator on the left side of the field. So I deploy hard to the left so I can deal with the Kharne box quickly. So we are both deployed and ready to go, I roll to seize and BAM I nab the initiative and go first.


Turn 1:
I proceed to move forward toward the land raider and basically the long story short is I shoot a whole bunch and do nothing more than strip a hull point off the land raider. My powers all go off so I have fortune, embolden, enhance, conceal, and prescience up on my council. Oh the best part was probably my one wind rider squad who ran up to the relic, picked it up...and then had 2 of their members die to dangerous terrain tests and run away, dropping the relic right away... I pass the turn and his turn ends with little happening as well, I was far enough back that he just moved his land raider 12 inches up and then did a flat out of 6 to get it nice and close to my lines.

Turn 2:
This turn was exciting! My kroot all came in and basically just walked on the left board edge with the intention of assuring my line breaker. My powers again went off, this time I failed to get a conceal up but that was no big deal as I was going to be charging this turn. My fire prisms, riptide and sky ray all nicely whiffed AGAIN even with all the guides that I am throwing around (not my day for heavy support). But the council did their job and blew up the land raider and as you can see above they proceeded to charge the box o' Kharne and with the new increase  to warlocks (base initiative 5!!!! enhanced up to 6!!) I was able to kill all the berserkers and wound Kharne. Then that shield drone squatting next to Kharne was a boss and made 5 4++ saves. I won combat and chose to not use my hit and run. Then I passed turn.

On his turn ALL the reserves arrived and my riptide failed to kill anything with his interceptor.
That raptor squad blew up one of my fire prisms and that was pretty much that. Then we went to assault and my council denied the challenge, and inflicted 15? wounds on Kharne which he promptly failed 4-5 and died. Then since my opponent had charged an obliterator into me as well, I chose to hit and run away so I could go deal with skulltaker and his lovely little retinue.

Turn 3:


I throw up all my powers, I think one of my enhances died right there to a perils of the warp, but I was able to get doom off on the blood crushers. I proceed to pretty easily kill the crushers and skull taker (fun fact, singing spears are strength 9 when thrown with flesh bane now...) so they instant killed 2 of the 3 crushers. Then the remaining shuriken shots and the 2 fusion guns from the commander finished off the squad. That bike on the building there would be super pro, but I forgot to say I picked up the relic so...well that was a super fail moment, my opponent offered to let me go back but I didn't want the by so we went with it.

His turn he obviously picked up the relic and then proceeded to set up a nice charge with the remaining raptor lord and retinue, that blood letter unit, and the obliterators you can see in the image above. He makes all his charges and my over watch does nothing. But my counter-attack goes off from my commanders puretide engram chip and I manage to kill all the blood letters, the herald of khorne, and Eldrad bosses through a challenge with the raptor axe lord wounding him and passing 7 3++ saves thanks to fortune. I hit and run out of the combat and we end up roughly like this.

We started to run low on time here so sadly that is the last picture...

Turn 4:

This turn we continue to play and pretty much I jump over with the council and kill the berserker squad on the building who has the relic and I target lock my commanders 2 fusion guns and kill the raptor lord. My kroot over on the far left walk toward a blood letter squad over there and kill most of them with shooting and assure my taking of line breaker.

His turn he shuffles around and little happens. We call it done right there since it is now 9:50pm and the store is closing. I win at this point with all 3 secondary objectives and no one has the relic. But IF we had continued he and both agreed that most likely he would be unable to stop me from grabbing the relic with my wind rider squad that had just turbo boosted up to the relic.

Anyway it was a fun game and I came out of it more in love with my jetseer council. The base initiative bump on warlocks is crazy good and all the other powers are pretty nice too. I failed quite often, but having multiples of them makes that ok. My shooting that game was oddly sub-par but oh well the council did its job and claimed the day. I honestly should not have seized the initiative as going second would be better in most cases but anyway the game was a lot of fun and I'm happy to say that I really do think the jetseer council is not only still very valid, but possibly overall stronger. The few games you won't get fortune will suck ALOT, but in most cases (approx. 245 out of the 250 rolls I did the other night) you will get fortune and often you will get chances to roll on some divination goodies as well.

Ok, that's enough blogging for tonight. Sorry for any typo's and such but this is my first battle report so give me a break!

-Tsarith


No comments:

Post a Comment