Thursday, June 20, 2013

Killadelphia Results!!

Hello everybody!

I have been quite busy with work in the last few days but I wanted to post up my personal results from Killadelphia. It was a great time and a really fun/well run GT. I ended up winning my bracket but I will get to that shortly. Anyway I just want to say that Stomping Grounds put on a great GT and I will most definitely be going back next year. The prize support was fantastic (each bracket winner walked away with a cool trophy and a Battle Foam 432 Air standard load out pack, and first place received $400 cash).

Anyway I ended up going 1-2 on the first day and 3-0 on the second day. I played against some great opponents and honestly I have little to no complaints from the games. So into the games....

I ran this for the event:
1 Commander
 w/ 2 Shield Drone, vectored retro thruster, target lock, 2x fusion, puretide
1 Commander Shadowsun
 w/ 2 MV52 Shield Drone
1 Farseer
   jetbike, doom, fortune
3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron
  
3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron
1 Hammerhead Gunship
   1 Hammerhead Gunship
10 Kroot w/ kroot hound
  
10 Kroot w/ kroot hound
Sky Ray Missile Defence Gunship
Sky Ray Missile Defence Gunship
9 Warlock
 w/ 3x spear, 4x destructor, enhance, embolden
1 XV104 Riptide
 w/ EWO, Ion Accel

Game 1:

I played against a guy who I have played before but I apologize his name escapes me ATM.

He was running a Guard army with Space Wolf allies, his list was roughly as follows:

2x Rune priest
2x grey hunter pack 9x w/ melta in drop pods
1x long fang squad w/ missiles and drop pod

primaris psykers
infantry platoon w/ some lascannons and 30x guardsmen
manticore
2x 10 veterans (cant remember if they were plasma or melta)
3x vendetta

I went first:
I cast my powers, stunned the manticore, and killed a few guys. His wolves arrived and landed perfectly but didn't manage to do any damage. Then basically my council killed all the space wolves and then I proceeded to run around killing his remaining squads at my leisure. He was really cool about the fact that it literally seemed he could not make an armor save on that first turn. It was a good first game but sadly the day did not stay on this trend. Game one ends on turn 7 with me just managing to finish off the last of his guardsmen blob for full points.

Game 2:

I played against a guy I had not met before named Werner. He was a nice guy who was playing a typical necron list:

Destroyer lord
2x5 wraiths
3x annihilation barge
4x warrior squads in night scythes
and
Tau commander w/ upgrades
Riptide
10x kroot

He won the roll and had me go first. I cast my powers and shot at him a bit doing no real damage. He went and shot back at me and promptly killed my riptide (he wounded me about 7 times and I unfortunately rolled 5 1's...le sigh). Then my turn, a bunch of my reserves showed up and I was in a great position to charge some wraiths, I killed the one squad and then was left in a decent location to charge his commander, which I did in a wonderful multi charge getting his commander, the riptide, and an annihilation barge. I unfortunately completely whiffed in combat and only managed to glance stun the barge and kill the commanders drone. Then he promptly passed the LD check and used his hit and run to bounce a might 15 inches away. (The plan had been to kill the barge with a whole slew of results and run his commander and riptide off the table). After that botched assassination attempt I realized I was in a bad situation. The next turn it got worse.. failed a short charge to get to the commander again and was left sitting in the open (oh seer council how you fail at times...) That put us at the top turn 5 with me very badly out of position (there was really no way to recover). So we puttered around through turn 5 with Werner not really doing much damage to me but very strongly holding all the objectives. The game ended on 6 with him winning on primary. I wasn't thrilled but there was really nothing I could do about it, he played a tight game and in the end its a dice game.

Game 3:

I played against a nice enough daemon player named Bob:

Herald of slaanesh on steed w/ exalted locus
Herald of tzeentch on disc
3x 10 daemonettes
2x10 horrors
2x 15 flesh hounds
1x 15 seeker
3x soul grinder

He won the roll and again made me go first...(there is a nice trend here, I actually believe I went first in all 6 games...)

I cast my powers and moved up to bait his hounds into assaulting me. He promptly took the bait and charged me with 30 flesh hounds...combat ends and he has about 15 total hounds left and I am sitting about 12 inches away after my hit and run. I promptly go back in and finish off all but 2 hounds (they will come back to be really annoying later...) Over the next few turns all is going pretty well (I kill 2 of his soul grinders and a good number of seekers. This game probably would have been a total win for me if we had played through to the end but sadly time was called and we only finished turn 4. If we had played that last turn I would have cleared him off all but 1 objective and won 3-1. Anyway the real sucky thing was that if I had not failed a 4 inch charge to his seekers on turn 3 it wouldn't have mattered, those bad boys managed to just steam roll some of my troops after I failed that. Oh well lesson well learned, next time I wont get greedy with the multi charge and I will just SHOOT the damn daemons!!

The day two games were all pretty short. Due to my losing those two games on day 1 I was bracketed pretty low (the 4th or 5th bracket) and those games were all over pretty quick. I wont go into details but none of them went past turn 4 and it wasn't due to time issues.

Anyway, I learned some good GT lessons and I cant wait for the next one! I will be attending some RTT's in the next few weeks and I will try to post up some of the IFL League battle reports. Also I will be working on testing my mech lists in the next few weeks since I would like to use that for the NOVA Open.

Peace out guys!

-Tsarith

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up! Hope we can get a rematch in soon! Lesson-learned about the Suit Commander! :)

    Thanks for a fun game!

    ReplyDelete